North Myrtle Beach Events
No matter the season, there’s always something fun happening in North Myrtle Beach! Our quiet family-friendly town is the venue for some of the best music, food, and cultural festivals in the country. Preview some of our favorite North Myrtle Beach events below, and book your stay with us today!
The Best Annual Events in North Myrtle Beach
During the spring, North Myrtle Beach shakes off the slight chill of winter and starts to get a little busier. There are so many wonderful events during this season. Get a preview of some of them below:
- Run to the Sun Car Show: Lovers of classic cars should not miss the Run to the Sun Car Show. This show features a parade of vintage cards and awesome local vendors. Previous years have featured over 3,000 beautiful cars and donated over $90,000 to local charities! Browse the food vendors and shops that sell classic automobile accessories during this fun event.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival: Every year, almost 30,000 visitors come to North Myrtle Beach to celebrate St. Patricks’ Day! This famous festival starts with an exciting parade, followed by live music, local vendors, and games and rides for the kids. It’s a must for any families vacationing along The Grand Strand in mid-March.
- Annual Myrtle Beach Film Festival: Discover your new favorite film when you attend the Annual Myrtle Beach Film Festival. This festival typically takes place in mid-April and showcases the talents of filmmakers from all over.
- Mayfest on Main: This festival features fantastic live music, arts & crafts, food vendors, and a children’s area. Families will be able to stroll the street and browse local shops for beautiful South Carolina treasures, all while spending the day outside in the warm summer air. Bring a few beach chairs to sit and relax with other North Myrtle Beach locals and visitors, and your family will want to come back to Mayfest again next year.
- Blue Crab Festival: While not technically in Myrtle Beach, we’d be bereft if we didn’t mention the Blue Crab Festival in Little River, SC. You’ll want to bring your appetite for this fun event. Enjoy mountains of crab, shrimp, clams, and more. While you feast on these tasty treats, you’ll be able to enjoy the waterfront views of Little River. This event is held each year in mid-May.
It goes without saying that summer is the most popular season on The Grand Strand! From the gorgeous, balmy weather to the warm waters of the Atlantic Ocean, visitors from all over the country come to North Myrtle Beach to enjoy their time off. Check out some of these awesome festivals and events that happen during Summer:
- Summerfest at Barefoot Landing: Summerfest at Barefoot Landing is a fun season-wide event! This entertainment festival showcases the talents of local and world-famous musicians in one high-energy setting. Nick Pike, a semi-finalist from “America’s Got Talent,” will captivate audiences with his juggling, comedy, and unicycling. Kids will also be able to showcase their unique talents every Tuesday and Wednesday, and stilt walkers, living statues, and face-painters will be on site for even more fun. On Mondays, families will be able to enjoy Barefoot Landing’s fireworks show at 10 PM. Summerfest is an excellent way for parents and their kids to spend the day outside in the Carolina sun.
- Carolina Country Music Festival: One of the most famous concert series in the South, the Carolina Country Music Festival features the biggest name in country music! Previous years have included major artists, like Toby Keith or Zac Brown Band. This concert always sells out early, so buy your tickets well in advance. It’s held every year in early June.
- Sounds of Summer Concert Series: Starting in mid-May, the North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex at the Sandhills Bank Amphitheater hosts the Sounds of Summer Concert Series. If you’re debating when to plan your annual trip, try to schedule it around this! The show runs from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. and admission is completely free. There are a total of five performances, from May to September. Be sure to bring a blanket or beach chairs to relax upon during the music. There will be snacks and drinks available for purchase in the park.
- Music on Main: At Music on Main, concertgoers are encouraged to bring a beach chair or blanket and enjoy the show. All the performances are beachfront, so you’ll be able to listen to the music while enjoying a gorgeous view of the ocean. On Main Street, a portion of the historic downtown area is shut down just for the series. Both locations have ample space for the family to kick back and unwind.
Whether you’re traveling to North Myrtle Beach for Halloween or the many food festivals, there are plenty of reasons to visit in the fall! Check out some of the most popular events in this season:
- Irish Italian International Festival: With great food, fun contests, and some outstanding entertainment, you’ll love attending the Irish Italian International Festival. Held in September each year, this event combines the best of the two cultures into one awesome day. Browse through over 60 vendors, including 20 local arts and crafts sellers. If you’re feeling competitive and you’re not afraid to get messy, enter the Claudio’s Spaghetti Eating Contest and try to win big! You won’t want to miss the fun.
- Little River Shrimpfest: Located in nearby Little River, this food festival celebrates the best of local seafood. This is a great festival for families, as it features a children’s area, face painting booth, stilt walkers, balloon walkers, two stages of live music, and over 100 vendors! Little River Shrimpfest typically takes place in mid-October.
- Howl-o-Scream: Have a screaming good time in North Myrtle Beach! Howl-O-Scream is the perfect way to celebrate Halloween. With hayrides, roasting marshmallows, and (of course) trick-or-treating, you’ll have a spooky-good time!
- SC State Bluegrass Festival: Enjoy hours of wonderful bluegrass music when you attend this indoor concert. The festival has been running for almost 50 years and takes place in late November of each year.
Winter at the beach? Yes, please! There’s nothing better than spending the Christmas season on The Grand Strand. That’s especially true when you get to visit these awesome events:
- Night of a Thousand Candles: Every year, Brookgreen Gardens welcomes the Christmas season with one of the area’s most beautiful events. Visitors can tour the gardens, which are illuminated by over 4,500 hand-lit candles and sparkling lights. Discover for yourself why Travel + Leisure named it the Best Christmas Lights in South Carolina!
- North Myrtle Beach Christmas Parade: Another iconic holiday event is the North Myrtle Beach Christmas Parade! It’s held in early December and features floats and local bands.
- The Great Christmas Lights Show: Visit the Great Christmas Light Show in Myrtle Beach to enjoy a park-wide lighted extravaganza. This attraction features over two million lights which make up over 500 displays! Once you’ve driven through the park, you can visit Santa’s Village, which features a train ride, a tube slide, and plenty of hot snacks.