From coastal plains and rolling hills to historic cities and quaint towns, South Carolina is a unique and beautiful state that has something for everyone. Each year, guests from far and wide travel to the Palmetto State to experience the picturesque coastline, admire breathtaking sunsets, and visit renowned beach towns. When planning your next trip, be sure to check out some of the awesome South Carolina attractions that have made our area famous.
Where to Go: Our Favorite South Carolina Attractions
Whether you’re looking for heart-pumping thrills or just want to enjoy the beautiful climate, a trip to these South Carolina tourism attractions will fit the bill. Plus, when you stay with Seaside Vacations in beautiful North Myrtle Beach, you’ll be at the center of the fun and can spend anywhere from an hour to the whole day exploring! Here are some must-see places in the Palmetto State.
- The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk: The flashing neon lights and palpable excitement of this area make it one of the best South Carolina attractions for kids. Feel free to stroll along the shoreline and check out a variety of shops, restaurants, and activities that are fun for everyone.
- Restaurant Row in Murrell’s Inlet: The historic village of Murrell’s Inlet is known as the “Seafood Capital of South Carolina” and is just a short 30-minute drive from bustling Myrtle Beach. Situated right on the waterfront, guests can enjoy a delicious meal while listening to the sounds of lapping waves, laughter, and live music.
- Downtown Charleston: For a wonderful day trip from Myrtle Beach, head two hours south to historic Charleston and experience cobblestone streets, horse-drawn carriages, and pastel, pre-Civil-War-era houses. Feel free to enjoy a cocktail at a variety of rooftop bars or spend the day shopping on King Street.
- Huntington Beach State Park: This sweeping and pristine Grand Strand beach stands as one of the most recognizable South Carolina landmarks. Just an hour from Myrtle Beach, you can revel in sea-breeze camping, excellent surf fishing, and some of the top bird-watching on the East Coast.
- Brookgreen Gardens: One of the Myrtle Beach area’s most dearly loved attractions, Brookgreen Gardens features a unique combination of art, history, and zoo. Take a scenic boat ride or visit the butterfly house for an adventure the whole family will enjoy.
- Downtown Conway: A short drive from the Grand Strand, the downtown area of this historic river town is home to a unique array of shopping, dining, and scenic views. Several historical markers dot the downtown landscape, providing visitors with a glimpse into the area’s past.
- Plantations and Gardens: Strolling some of South Carolina’s 2,000-plus plantations is a dream come true for many area visitors. The stunning historic homes and spectacular grounds are scattered throughout the state and are some of the South’s most beautiful properties.
Explore North Myrtle Beach
After a day full of Southern-style adventures, come home to unprecedented comfort in one of our beautiful North Myrtle Beach vacation rentals! With beautiful oceanfront homes and peaceful, clean beaches, North Myrtle Beach is ideal for a relaxing, intimate retreat with family and friends and is a wonderful South Carolina attraction itself! For more information on some of the best things to do in Myrtle Beach, download our free vacation guide.
Photo Credits: bcunninghamsc, Thinkstock | Tomwang112, Thinkstock