The Grand Strand is one of the most popular vacation destinations for families, and it’s easy to see why! With beautiful, pristine beaches and plenty of kid-friendly things to do, you’ll be able to enjoy hours of wholesome fun during your trip. Plus, with our handy recommendations, you’ll be able to plan a getaway that everyone in your family will enjoy. Check out our favorite family-friendly North Myrtle Beach attractions below, and book one of our gorgeous vacation rentals today!
Enjoy These Fun Family Things to do in North Myrtle Beach
Explore the Beautiful Outdoors
Spend an Afternoon at the Beach
It should come as no surprise that North Myrtle Beach has a fantastic selection of beaches! As opposed to Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach has quieter, more family-friendly beaches. Read up on the beach guidelines before you visit! Remember, when you stay in a beachfront condo from Seaside Vacations, the shoreline is just a few steps away!
Visit a Local Water Park
Is there anything that says “summer vacation” more than a visit to a water park? North Myrtle Beach is home to some fantastic options!
- Shark Wake Park is the biggest aqua park in North Myrtle Beach, and also features an inflatable, floating obstacle course that covers around an acre of water. Your kids will love climbing up and sliding down the tubing.
- Myrtle Waves Water Park is the largest in South Carolina and features a 20,000 square-foot wave pool, a lazy river, and other exciting and twisty slides for adults.
- Wild Water and Wheels is the perfect stop for adrenaline junkies. Their Free-Fall cliff dive is a verticle, body-only speed slide. Riders can reach up to 45 miles-per-hour. Another stomach slide in the park is the Triple Dip, which features three crazy dips. This ride is sure to make your heart flutter. For a more relaxed experience, head to Wally’s Lagoon, the kid’s play area.
Head to an Amusement Park
There are several exciting amusement parks in town. O.D. Pavilion is styled after ab old-school boardwalk park, with all the classic rides like a Fun House, Merry-Go-Round, and Tilt-a-Whirl. You get free park admission and free parking when you visit – you only have to pay for the rides! This is a Myrtle Beach staple, and no vacation is complete without a trip to O.D. Pavilion.
- For a great adrenaline rush, head to Myrtle Beach Thrill Rides. For over 20 years, this park has featured some of the most daring rides in town. The Sling Shot sends passengers up more than 300 feet into the air at speeds that exceed 100 miles-per-hour! The SkyScraper lets the riders experience the force of 4Gs. You’ll zoom up 170 feet in the air at up to 60 miles per hour.
- One of the largest amusement parks in town is Pavilion Park! The rides here vary from kid-friendly to thrilling adventures, so there will be something for everyone. With new ones added each year, you’ll never have the same experience twice!
- Enjoy the best of both worlds with Myrtle Beach Family Kingdom! When you purchase your tickets to the amusement park, you can choose to add an all-day pass to their water park, Splashes. Enjoy their awesome roller coasters and then zip down the speed slides at Splashes. The possibilities are endless!
Visit T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station at Barefoot Landing
See rare adult and baby tigers for free when you visit the T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station at Barefoot Landing. Yes, we said for free! The hours for visiting guests changes based on the season, so be sure to check out their website before visiting. If you’re already browsing through Barefoot Landing, you should definitely stop by and see the tigers!
Family-Friendly Attractions Indoors
Whether you need a break from the sun or you’re looking for fun rainy day activities, your family will love these indoor attractions.
If you’re looking for an outstanding attraction that combines education with entertainment, visit WonderWorks! Located at Broadway at the Beach, this “amusement park for the mind” has 50,000 square-feet of exhibits, mazes, and iconic attractions! Tour the Upside-Down House, which includes six wonder zones. The zones include displays about natural disasters, the science of light and sound, and an art gallery with riddles and optical illusions.
WonderWorks also has an outdoor zip line and ropes course, an indoor ropes challenge that glows in the dark, an indoor laser tag arena, and a 12-seat 6D XD Extreme Motion Theater!
EdVenture Myrtle Beach
Children and parents will love exploring the halls of EdVenture Myrtle Beach, which was formally called the Children’s Museum of South Carolina. With permanent exhibits and frequent special events, this is a must for parents hoping to make the most of their trip to The Grand Strand.
See a Show
Enjoy an evening of music, laughs, and world-class performers when you visit Alabama Theatre! It’s located in Barefoot Landing and features some of the longest-running shows on The Grand Strand. ONE The Show is their most popular performance. It’s a musical extravaganza that combines country, gospel, show tunes, pop, and rock music with hilarious, family-friendly comedy. Greg Rowles leads the show with his charming banter and fantastic voice. Of course, the night wouldn’t be complete without the famous Grant Turner, who performs as his character Ricky Mokel. He is one of the funniest comedians around and is sure to have you roaring with laughter!
The Carolina Opry
The Carolina Opry has been recognized by The New York Times and USA Today, and you’ll see why when you attend. Choose from the original The Carolina Opry show, Time Warp, which features hits of the 60s, 70s, and 80s, Thunder and Light, The Christmas Show of the South, and Pure Magic starring The Wagsters.
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament
There’s a reason why this attraction is such a classic! You and your kids will love the unique dining experience, as you feast on the banquet and watch a thrilling competition between knights. Make Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament part of your vacation plans.
Pirate’s Voyage Dinner and a Show
Ahoy, matey! Have a swash-buckingly good time at Pirate’s Voyage Dinner and a Show! This show features an adventure that stars Captain Blackbeard and his quartermaster, Calico Jack. Be sure to arrive early so you and your little ones can enjoy the pre-show, with a sing-a-long to pirate classics and themed drinks and snacks!
The Best Family-Friendly Restaurants
Midtown Bistro’s motto is “simple food and simple prices,” and it fits perfectly! You’ll be able to choose from the massive menu of dishes, including steaks, lasagna, burgers, seafood, and more. Parents can order an adult beverage from the extensive selection of wine and beer, and kids can enjoy the wide variety of cuisine! Even the pickiest eaters will find something to enjoy here.
The Whole Food Mediterranean Grill
For a healthy meal, visit the Whole Food Mediterranean Grill. They serve authentic Greek cuisine made with only organic ingredients. On their menu, you’ll find plenty of vegetarian and vegan options as well.
Joe’s Bar & Grill
In business for over 30 years, Joe’s Bar & Grill uses high-quality ingredients to make delicious meals in a casual atmosphere. You’ll love the great view of the marsh-front restaurant, and your kids will love the options on their menu!
A trip to South Carolina isn’t complete without a delicious meal featuring all the Southern classics! Hoskins Restaurant is serving up barbecue sandwiches, fried seafood, pork chops, fried chicken, and the most iconic dish of all, hush puppies!
Flying Fish Public Market & Grill
Flying Fish Public Market & Grill is a unique spot in North Myrtle Beach. Half-restaurant and half-market, this iconic spot is serving the freshest seafood around! Their famous raw bar offers sushi and shellfish in addition to their standard menu. There is also a kids’ menu, gluten-free options, or happy hour choices!
Stay with Seaside Vacations
Are you ready to experience these fun family things to do in North Myrtle Beach? The first step is booking a rental home from Seaside Vacations! You won’t be able to find a better inventory of properties on The Grand Strand! From cozy condos to beautiful houses, you’ll find just what you need to have the trip of a lifetime.