Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, is best known for its sandy beaches, sky-high palm trees, and fantastic weather all year long. What many don’t know is that the Grand Strand is also a hub for a variety of music festivals, concerts, and events, where big-name artists perform for large audiences of tourists and locals alike. Whether you’re a country music superfan or prefer the sweet sounds of the blues, these concerts in Myrtle Beach offer something for everyone – and they’re all just a short drive from Seaside Vacations! Here are some upcoming events you’ve just got to attend.
Where You’ll See the Best Concerts in Myrtle Beach
House of Blues
The most popular venue for concerts in Myrtle Beach is the House of Blues, which hosts a variety of local and national acts throughout the year. Visitors can purchase tickets on Ticketmaster, then make their way to Barefoot Landing for these awesome performances.
- Country music star Billy Currington will be playing on Saturday, April 9th at 8 PM. With nine No. 1 hits including “Must Be Doin’ Somethin’ Right”, “People Are Crazy”, “Hey Girl”, and “Don’t It”, this show is a must-see for country music fans.
- The Gregg Allman Band will take the stage on Friday, May 6th at 7 PM. Part of the legendary Allman Brothers Band, Gregg has been performing solo since their break up in 1975. Audiences can expect to hear classic Allman Brothers Band songs like “Ramblin’ Man” and “Midnight Rider” as well as Gregg’s solo hits.
- Lord Huron will be performing on Friday, June 10th at 7 PM. This American indie folk band has gained popularity in recent years, with well-known songs like “Ends of the Earth”, “Lonesome Dreams”, and “Meet Me in the Woods”.
Music on Main Concert Series
Every year from May through October, music lovers journey to Main Street in North Myrtle Beach for the Music on Main concert series. The concerts are held every Thursday from 7 to 9 PM, and admission is free! Here are some of our favorite acts.
- Atwater Band will be performing Thursday, May 19th. With an eclectic mix of originals, top 40 hits, and classics, this show is ideal for audiences of all ages.
- The Tim Clark Band takes the stage on Thursday, July 14th, and will be playing covers of classic hits like “Brick House”, “Billie Jean”, and “Happy”. You’ll want to tap your feet all night long!
- The Blackwater Band will be performing upbeat beach music, blues, and funk on Thursday, August 18th at the Horseshoe, just blocks away from Main Street.
In addition to upcoming concerts in Myrtle Beach, there are quite a few festivals that take place throughout the year. Highlights include:
- SOS Spring Safari: Known as the biggest adult party for shaggers on the East Coast, this event is held at the end of April and is the perfect place to learn to dance the Carolina shag.
- California Roots: This event was postponed last October due to record-breaking rainfall, but is now rescheduled for Saturday, April 9th. Guests can expect to see bands like 311, SOJA, Passafire, The Dirty Heads, and more.
- Carolina Country Music Fest: From June 10th-12th, this incredible festival will bring together some of the biggest names in country music. With headliners like Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Florida Georgia Line, it’s sure to be an unforgettable experience!
Book Your Stay With Seaside Vacations!
After enjoying some of the best music on the Grand Strand, come home to one of our peaceful North Myrtle Beach vacation rentals! Our oceanfront homes and condos provide a relaxing oasis and are just far away from all the action, so you can rest up for another fun day tomorrow. We can’t wait to hear about your experience in Myrtle Beach!