North Myrtle Beach is a fantastic year-round destination. With beautiful weather, fun attractions, and friendly locals, it’s no wonder. One of the best reasons why this is such an excellent destination are the many annual events in North Myrtle Beach. Whether you’re searching for some family-friendly fun or a season-long concert series, we’ve got it all. If you need more help planning your visit to North Myrtle Beach, download our free Vacation Guide! We’ve listed our favorite restaurants, shops, attractions, and more.
The Best Annual Events in North Myrtle Beach
During the spring, North Myrtle Beach shakes off the slight chill of winter and starts to get a little busier. There are so many wonderful events during this season. Get a preview of some of them below:
- Run to the Sun Car Show: Lovers of classic cars should not miss the Run to the Sun Car Show. Held in mid-March, this show features a parade of vintage cards and awesome local vendors. Previous years have featured over 3,000 beautiful cars and donated over $90,000 to local charities! Browse the food vendors and shops that sell classic automobile accessories during this fun event.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival: Every year, almost 30,000 visitors come to North Myrtle Beach to celebrate St. Patricks’ Day! This famous festival starts with an exciting parade, followed by live music, local vendors, and games and rides for the kids. It’s a must for any families vacationing along The Grand Strand in mid-March.
- Annual Myrtle Beach Film Festival: Discover your new favorite film when you attend the Annual Myrtle Beach Film Festival. This festival typically takes place in mid-April and showcases the talents of filmmakers from all over.
- Mayfest on Main: This festival features fantastic live music, arts & crafts, food vendors, and a children’s area. Families will be able to stroll the street and browse local shops for beautiful South Carolina treasures, all while spending the day outside in the warm summer air. Bring a few beach chairs to sit and relax with other North Myrtle Beach locals and visitors, and your family will want to come back to Mayfest again next year.
- Blue Crab Festival: While not technically in Myrtle Beach, we’d be bereft if we didn’t mention the Blue Crab Festival in Little River, SC. You’ll want to bring your appetite for this awesome event. Enjoy mountains of crab, shrimp, clams, and more. While you feast on these tasty treats, you’ll be able to enjoy the waterfront views of Little River. This event is held each year in mid-May.
It goes without saying that summer is the most popular season on The Grand Strand! From the gorgeous, balmy weather to the warm waters of the Atlantic Ocean, visitors from all over the country come to North Myrtle Beach to enjoy their time off. Check out some of these awesome festivals and events that happen during Summer:
- Summerfest at Barefoot Landing: Summerfest at Barefoot Landing is a fun season-wide event! This entertainment festival showcases the talents of local and world-famous musicians in one high-energy setting. Nick Pike, a semi-finalist from “America’s Got Talent,” will captivate audiences with his juggling, comedy, and unicycling. Kids will also be able to showcase their unique talents every Tuesday and Wednesday, and stilt walkers, living statues, and face-painters will be on site for even more fun. On Mondays, families will be able to enjoy Barefoot Landing’s fireworks show at 10 PM. Summerfest is an excellent way for parents and their kids to spend the day outside in the Carolina sun.
- Ocean Boulevard’s Hot Summer Nights: Every night until the end of August, folks are welcome to the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk for Hot Summer Nights. Each night, the boardwalk will present free events, like the family-favorite Boardwalk Kids Carnival, where kids bands, games, and balloon artists turn the boardwalk into every child’s dreamland. For music lovers, a weekly concert series will be held every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and will feature local bands performing rock, country, jazz, pop, reggae, and more. Grab a spot on the beach and enjoy the final Hot Summer Nights fireworks show this Labor Day weekend, and end another summer with a bang!
- Beach Boogie & BBQ Festival: Get your taste buds ready, because this festival packs a ton of flavor! The Beach Boogie and BBQ Festival will be held September 1 through 6 and will feature local and regional cook teams as they compete in South Carolina’s Official BBQ Competition. On Saturday, your family will be able to sample some delicious Southern barbecue, watch live entertainment, play corn hole, and even check out arts & crafts exhibitors. You can also bring home some delightful goodies like BBQ sandwiches and ribs sold both days of the festival. Admission is free for kids AND adults, so make sure you stop by and check it out!
- Carolina Country Music Festival: One of the most famous concert series in the South, the Carolina Country Music Festival features the biggest name in country music! Previous years have included major artists, like Toby Keith or Zac Brown Band. This concert always sells out early, so buy your tickets well in advance. It’s held every year in early June.
Whether you’re traveling to North Myrtle Beach for Halloween or the many food festivals, there are plenty of reasons to visit in the fall! Check out some of the most popular events in this season:
- Myrtle Beach Seafood Festival: This is another stellar food festival, located in downtown Myrtle Beach. It’s free to attend and features seafood vendors, restaurants, live entertainment, and plenty of kid-friendly activities. The festival even features a car show and corn hole tournament! The Myrtle Beach Seafood Festival takes place in early October.
- Little River Shrimpfest: Located in nearby Little River, this food festival celebrates the best of local seafood. This is a great festival for families, as it features a children’s area, face painting booth, stilt walkers, balloon walkers, two stages of live music, and over 100 vendors! Little River Shrimpfest typically takes place in mid-October.
- Howl-o-Scream: Have a screaming good time in North Myrtle Beach! Howl-O-Scream is the perfect way to celebrate Halloween. With hayrides, roasting marshmallows, and (of course) trick-or-treating, you’ll have a spooky-good time!
- SC State Bluegrass Festival: Enjoy hours of wonderful bluegrass music when you attend this indoor concert. The festival has been running for almost 50 years and takes place in late November of each year.
Winter at the beach? Yes, please! There’s nothing better than spending the Christmas season on The Grand Strand. That’s especially true when you get to visit these awesome events:
- Night of a Thousand Candles: Every year, Brookgreen Gardens welcomes the Christmas season with one of the area’s most beautiful events. Visitors can tour the gardens, which are illuminated by over 4,500 hand-lit candles and sparkling lights. Discover for yourself why Travel + Leisure named it the Best Christmas Lights in South Carolina!
- North Myrtle Beach Christmas Parade: Another iconic holiday event is the North Myrtle Beach Christmas Parade! It’s held in early December and features floats and local bands.
- The Great Christmas Lights Show: Visit the Great Christmas Light Show in Myrtle Beach to enjoy a park-wide lighted extravaganza. This attraction features over two million lights which make up over 500 displays! Once you’ve driven through the park, you can visit Santa’s Village, which features a train ride, a tube slide, and plenty of hot snacks.
Stay with Seaside Vacations
No matter which of these fantastic annual events in North Myrtle Beach you choose to attend, be sure to stay in a home or condo from Seaside Vacations. We have the best selection of accommodations on The Grand Strand. Choose from our pet-friendly properties or browse through the many available amenities offered. We want to make sure that your next vacation is a great one!
Take a look at our full selection of properties and book today! We look forward to having you.